FileSonic FAQ

Go down

FileSonic FAQ

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:24 am

What are the benefits of creating a free FileSonic account?

Creating a free account lets you easily manage and share all of the files and images you upload to FileSonic at any time from any computer just by logging in to your account. If you don't create a free account, you will only be able to upload and delete files. We highly recommend creating a free account so you'll always be able to manage and share your files and images at any time, regardless of which computer you're using.

How secure is FileSonic for hosting sensitive or confidential files?

The files you upload to FileSonic are not publicly accessible and can only be downloaded if you choose to share them with others by giving them a sharing URL. You also have the ability to make any and/or all of your files private or password protected at any time to provide an extra layer of security for confidential and/or sensitive files.

What types of files can I upload to FileSonic?

FileSonic supports all file types (up to 400MB in file size for Free account) ( up to 5000 for Premium ) as long as they fully comply with our Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service. Do not upload any copyrighted files that you don't own the rights to or don't have permission from the owner to distribute even if you have no intent of actually distributing them

What happens if I upload a file and lose the sharing URL for that file?

If you upload a file to FileSonic and create a free account or log in to your account before uploading a file, then that file will appear on your My Files page. If you don't create a free account and you lose the sharing URL for a file you uploaded, then unfortunately you'll need to upload the file again. For this reason, we highly recommend that you create a free account so you'll always be able to manage and share the files and images that you upload to FileSonic at any time from any computer just by logging in to your account.

How do I download files from FileSonic?

To download files from FileSonic, you must access the files from the unique sharing URLs provided to the person who uploaded the files.

Can I resume broken downloads?

Yes, but only if you own a Premium account. Premium accounts support the use of download-accelerators which allow you to resume incomplete downloads. They even help you download faster through the use of segmented downloads. This means, you can download the same file with many streams, resulting in increased download-speeds

Can I delete my uploaded files?

Yes. After your upload is completed, you will get two links: a download link, which you can share with everyone you want, and a delete link, which you keep for yourself. Just click on the delete link and your file will be deleted immediately.

Help! I've forgotten my username or password.

If you have forgotten your login details we can send a reminder to the email address indicated by you at the time of registration. Just follow the instructions on the password reminder page.

How do I upgrade to a paid account?

If you have outgrown the features provided by our free account, you can upgrade to a paid account on the upgrade page. Payments are accepted through PayPal.

Could I browse every file on the server?

No, not everybody wants their files to be public. For privacy reason you may download only the files which you have the link for.

I cannot download files at all! What's wrong?

If you do not have a FileSonic Premium account, certain restrictions may prevent you from downloading: We do not allow more than one concurrent download per IP address and also limit the amount of data you can download from our servers within a certain timespan. If you share your IP address with other FileSonic users (e.g. because your ISP uses proxies or NAT), you may be adversely affected by their activities.

I cannot open a downloaded file: I get asked for a password.

Please ask the person you received the file link from for details about the file format, required codecs or passwords. We have no way of finding them out for you.

I have $5 in my balance, how do I activate my premium account?

Go to your account, select Reporting, then Statistics, then click on Trade In Points or you can see it directly here if you are logged in: filesonic.com/affiliate/trade-in-points
Why is my download slow?

Depending on packet roundtrip time and packet loss from your computer to our servers, your download speed may be slow. This may also depend on the time of day, so trying again at different times may solve your problem. Also, using FileSonic Premium account will dramatically improve your downloading speed, usually maxing out your Internet connection's bandwidth. If you have any other questions please contact us at support@filesonic.com

Which download manager should I use?

In order to get the best experience with download managers, we recommend using the latest version of JDownloader. You can download it for free from http://jdownloader.org
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://money.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down